Dishin' With Daphne

A place for the international performing sensation Daphne Ruth Jenkins to spew her earth-shattering revelations regarding life, love, family and fame.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Support The Walk

(The demure Daphne Ruth Jenkins gets a hand from the dread pirate Lane.)

Who knew doing the right thing could be so much fun? I performed at the special Louisville AIDS Walk Benefit edition of Club ConFuzion this past Saturday. The show raised money for a good cause and was an absolute blast.


In honor of the occasion, I unveiled two brand new numbers. My first shocker was my very own mix of The Eurythmics' "Love Is A Stranger" and Peaches' "F#ck The Pain Away". The crowd, made up of a surprisingly large number of lovely lesbeans, was clearly feeling no paid as they rocked out to my revelries. I got so into it, that I bruised my knees at the end of the number as I gyrated in front of the Luscious Lane.

I was busy between sets getting ready, so I didn't get to see too many of my fellow performers do their thing. However, I did catch one of Manitee Goldburger's filthy acts. Dressed as a nun, she horrified the crowd with a wildly inappropriate version of The Divinyls' "I Touch Myself". She performed most of the number with all her naughty girl parts exposed. It was in extremely poor taste and highly inconsiderate of the beliefs and feelings of others. Needless to say, I absolute LOVED it!


For my next routine I tried out a song by one of my favorite artists of all time: PJ Harvey. I tackled her "Down By The Water" looking like I had just been dredged up from the bottom of the river. My dress was wet and torn and aquatic life was stuck in my hair and clothing. I ended the number by dragging my lovely "daughter" Melody into the dressing room. She was so delighted to be backstage where all the action takes place that I could barely force her back out to the audience.

The climax of the show involved a very elaborate group number centering around the classic Bonnie Tyler tune, "Total Eclipse of The Heart". That was the first single I ever bought! And the interesting thing is that the rest of the performers probably weren't even born when it was released. I'm so old!
Shawna The Dead organized the number and it included an all-star cast: Trista Ray, The Broadway Baby; Greg and Jerison; and Mistress Makari. Any time Greg and Jerison want to "collaborate", I'm there!

The show went off without a hitch and raised a lot of funds as well as awareness of an important issue. Of course, one of the best parts about participating in an event like this is partying with the crowd afterward. Here I am showing one of my biggest fans, Joey, my appreciation for all his support. Of course, I had to spread the love around as you can see here with Raj. You hate for the public to think you're stuck up. As usual, I have lots more pics from the night up at my website, Down With Daphne.



If you missed the show, have no fear: it's not too late. The Louisville AIDS Walk is this Sunday, September 30, 2007. Visit the website to find out how you can do your part.


Also, you can catch me at FuZion Night Club for Club ConFuzion this Saturday at 11:30pm. I'll be whipping out a brand new number and dusting off one that I haven't done since my heyday back in Hotlanta. Hope to see you there!

Smooches,
Daph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home