Dishin' With Daphne

A place for the international performing sensation Daphne Ruth Jenkins to spew her earth-shattering revelations regarding life, love, family and fame.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Looseville Pride

(Taffy Shalamar and Daphne Ruth Jenkins sharing a proud moment at The Connection.)

This past weekend was Looseville Gay Pride. I missed the festivities last year as I was in Hotlanta for the Possums Benefit Show. So, this time around I decided to officially lose my Looseville Pride virginity. It was absolutely heart-warming the way all the locals were so eager to help me with that goal.

These Kentucky queers don't mess around: they started things off right away with a parade on Friday night. There were local businesses, musicians and (naturally) drag queens. Here's the crew from my latest favorite hot spot, FuZion. As you can see, the place is full of tweaky twinks and deranged divas. Sheer heaven!


After the parade, everyone filed over to an outdoor festival at the Belvedere. They had a stage featuring lesbians with guitars (of course). One could also partake of the hand-dipped corn dogs and fine American beer products at all the vendor booths. Besides these gastronomical delights, one could also do a little prideful shopping. Luscious Lane here is sporting some absolutely fabulous $5 sunglasses that he picked up at one of the booths. Poor Dannyboy had to fight off all the confused papparazi who mistook Lane for Sir Elton John. The glamorous life, indeed.

As full of pride and cheap beer as we were, a group of us headed over to FuZion later that night and caught the drag show. I knew I was in the right place when one of the queens did Ms. Beehavin's "Bottle Action". I don't fight, I don't argue, I just hit that bitch with a bottle! My favorite number of the night though, involved a diva being sodomized by Pinochio's nose. I kid you not! This is some crazy, cutting-edge drag.

The following night, Taffy Shalamar and I decided to join forces and terrorize the town together. We got ourselves painted-up, liquored-up and headed over to The Infection. I went with my Cher from outer space look. Taffy in the meantime came directly from a funeral. Here we are taking turns with cutie-pie Casey. He seemed a little tentative at first. Poor dear must have been overwhelmed by my unimaginable beauty. He loosened up pretty quickly, though, as you can see here with Taffy. Hmmm, must have been that rufie I slipped in his drink.





Another year, another 365 days to be proud of who I am (if not of all the tawdry things that I do). As we go into this month, I know a lot of other cities such as Hotlanta have Pride celebrations coming up. I wish you all a raucous good time. Take lots of pics and send me the naughty ones.

Smooches,
Daph




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home