Dishin' With Daphne

A place for the international performing sensation Daphne Ruth Jenkins to spew her earth-shattering revelations regarding life, love, family and fame.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Easter with the Jenkins

(Pinkie, Momma Dale and Marsha taking a break from their basket inspection duties to enjoy a round of refreshing adult beverages.)

There's nothing like a religious holiday with a gaggle of drunk drag queens! Easter is always a big holiday for the Jenkins clan and I am thrilled to report that this past one was no exception. The girls were out in full force to participate in Burkhart's Annual Easter Drag Races. Unfortunately, I was here in Louisville and unable to attend the festivities this year. However, my dear sister Velma reported in with all the juicy details.

As you can see from the colorful picture above, the gals were in true form, wearing their brightest Easter pastel ensembles. I'm shocked that Marsha attempted to wear actual clothing so soon after her last seam-splitting shocker. You have to admit, though, she looked rather fetching running down church-goers atop her robin's egg blue Vespa.

Not everyone choose to sport the traditional Jenkins style for this festive event. Take for instance the pixie-like Bambi Jenkins. She broke from the pack by choosing a daring avant-garde look: an edgy cross between Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta and Dame Edna.

The big news of the day was made by my ambitious sister Pinkie. After years of hard work and perseverance, she has finally acquired an official title. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Pinkie Devine Jenkins is the official Burkhart's Egg Toss Champion of 2006! It just figures that her title would involve food.

I have to admit that I was a little saddened at not being able to join in for all the revelries. After all, last Easter was my first official Hotlanta appearance. And what a monumental day that was: having cute boys ask me to assist them in the ladies room; forgetting my butt pads on the back of the toilet; losing my wig in a drunken stupor. In the immortal words of Jerri Blank, "Good times. Good times."

And yet, I'm just tickled pink that so many of my sisters were out representing Drag-O-Rama in such fine form. Besides, there are new adventures awaiting me here in Looseville, Kentucky. This weekend, Velma is joining me for Thunder Over Louisville. It's sure to be a blast!

Smooches,
Daph

2 Comments:

At April 21, 2006, Blogger Yolanda Jenkins aka Momma Dale said...

I miss you so much... it is very DIFFRENT with out my Daph around. I need a ADDY so I can send u something ...

 
At April 22, 2006, Blogger Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Hi Momma,

I miss you lots! Things really must be different there. I bet your vodka supply lasts much longer these days.

I've kidnapped Velma for the weekend. Mwa ha ha! I'll definitely send you the address of my super secret hidden lair here in Looseville: the Daph cave.

Smooches,
Daph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home