Dishin' With Daphne

A place for the international performing sensation Daphne Ruth Jenkins to spew her earth-shattering revelations regarding life, love, family and fame.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy VD

(Lovebirds Velma Gwen and Daphne Ruth getting their groove on.)

Hello all you lovers and fornicators out there. I just wanted to wish each and every one of you lots of VD excitement today. Stop reaching for the penicillin; I’m talking about Valentine’s Day, of course. Cupid’s holiday is a little bittersweet for me this year, as I’m in Louisville, Kentucky and separated from my true love, Velma Gwen Jenkins.

That’s right ladies, I’m a lesbian! Naturally, I'm the lipstick-wearing, drag queen variety of lesbian. Please, I don't even own any power tools!

Of course, we’re not the only lesbian drag queens around. Let's not forget about Gusty Winds and Rose Petal over at My Favorite Drag Queen. Maybe we can all get together and start a women’s music drag festival

Velma and I met over ten years ago when she responded to my personal ad in which I stated that I was looking for someone sane but slightly demented. The title of the ad was “Wild at Heart”. Well, a decade later I’m still wondering if she missed the part about being slightly demented. However, I can’t deny that I grow wilder about her each year that we’re together.

No one inspires me or pushes me to be the woman that I am today the way that Velma does. I hope you all find your own muse with whom you can share all your happiness and accomplishments. If not, at least settle for a fine piece of @ss with whom you can get your rocks off.

Smooches,
Daph

3 Comments:

At February 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sis.!

That was precious. I can't wait until you get back so we can use the doub.....never mind. Your VD post was the sweetest thing and it put a smile on my face. See you soon.

XXOO

Velma G.

 
At February 15, 2006, Blogger Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Hey sweetie,

I'll be home tonight. Break out the orgy punch!

Smooches,
Daph

 
At February 16, 2006, Blogger Yolanda Jenkins aka Momma Dale said...

Yall are totally NUTS ... i know that i should have not have been drinking on the conception nite... oh well Momma has much love for yall too anyway...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home