Dishin' With Daphne

A place for the international performing sensation Daphne Ruth Jenkins to spew her earth-shattering revelations regarding life, love, family and fame.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Thunder Over Louisville

My dear sister Velma recently came up to visit me here in Kentucky during Thunder Over Louisville. I had been told that the highlight of this day-long celebration is the awesome fireworks display over the Ohio River in the evening. Granted, the pretty lights were certainly entertaining (as the spectacular photo above attests). Surprisingly, though, I found the daytime revelries to be even more intriguing.

Upon arriving at the waterfront that afternoon, I was greeted by the site of a couple of
furverts mingling among the tourists and sightseers. These open-minded Kentuckianans surprised me by going beyond a "Live and Let Live" mentality. None seemed to mind these sexual deviants parading among them. In some instances, I witnessed entire families having their picture taken with these furry freaks. And here, I was worried about how they'd react to a 7-foot drag queen with pink hair!

Speaking of drag accessories, I was delighted to find that there would be shopping opportunities at the festival. Check out the adorable family picking out feather boas for their pint-sized Britney and Rupaul. It was at this point that I noticed a delicious trend among Looseville men: the inability to wear shirts in large public gatherings.





This was especially enjoyable given that the masses had congregated in order to watch an air show. So, while everyone was staring up into the sky admiring the Blue Angels, Velma and I were getting whiplash ogling all the half-naked hotties.




And honey, there were guys to suit every taste. The one here on the right has that sweet innocent boy-next-door look. He better not get any closer to that murky water, though, or he might start looking like the Toxic Avenger.





Next up is this arrogant looking cell phone hunk. My phone's on vibrate for him.







I think this ravenous stud was made for me. I wasn't able to catch it on film, but he proceeded to pull a can of spray cheese out of that cooler. Mmmmmm, cheesy goodness!




This one's for those of you into a little skin art. That's the kind of canvas that really inspires my artistic side.








There was even a refreshing fountain for those getting a littler overheated in the midday sun. This guy looked even better wetter.







Awwww, there's nothing like a little male bonding. I wonder what kind of fireworks these two set off after a few more of those adult beverages.




Velma couldn't stop drooling over this one. You know how she likes her manly men. Ooooh daddy!





Well, I'd better sign-off before my site turns into Life Or Something Like It. This coming Friday, Velma is making her return to Looseville for Derby weekend. All I had to do was say there were horses involved and she was all over it. I'm not sure if she really understood that it's an actual equestrian event. Oh well, I'm sure she'll find what she's looking for, nonetheless.

Smooches,
Daph

2 Comments:

At May 06, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

I sounds like you and Velma had a great time! Nice eye candy, too! I wouldn't have been looking up in the sky to see those planes either!

 
At May 06, 2006, Blogger Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Hey Brian,

It's so good to hear from you. I miss you and the rest of the East Point posse. Please give Keisha my love.

Smooches,
Daph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home