Dishin' With Daphne

A place for the international performing sensation Daphne Ruth Jenkins to spew her earth-shattering revelations regarding life, love, family and fame.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Goodbye To The Glamazons

("Don't I look thin under this huge sign?" Daphne Ruth Jenkins in front of Atlanta institution, The Armory.)

Alas, the rumors are true. That Atlanta institution, The Armory, has closed its doors for the final time. The building has been sold and is sure to be replaced by another cheaply constructed condominium complex or office tower. Midtown needs more condos like I need another drink!

Momma Dale, Peggy, Pinkie and I insisted on making a final trip to The Armory to see The Glamazons during their final weekend of residency there. It was a bittersweet affair as we marveled at the spellbinding skills of these talented temptresses.

I was a little nervous about showing my beautiful face there after having missed my last gig with The Amazons on Halloween weekend due to that unscheduled visit with the grim reaper. However, all trepidation was cast aside as I entered the club and was greeted with open arms by Pierre, the hottie behind the scenes.

I was most nervous about seeing Ziggy, the leading lady of The Glamazons. However, she jumped up and down with excitement when she saw me slung up at the bar. That performing legend took the time to sit down and to give me some words of encouragement. What a lady! She also assured me that the closing of The Armory is only a temporary setback and that the show will go on. I can't wait to see what they do next!

It was also great to see my old pal, Gigi Monroe, slaying 'em as always. She came out in a giant white dove costume and totally nailed a "When Doves Cry"/"Edge of Seventeen" medley. I definitely peed a little to see her channeling Stevie Nicks on stage.

Momma Dale and I had a blast running through the rest of the club where they were celebrating a goth/s&m theme party. It was a trip having cuties dressed in latex and leather looking at me like I was a freak. One darling deviant marched up to me and squealed, "You look like you're from outer space!" You better believe it darling; I'm from the planet of Uranus.

So, until the Glamazons find a new home, a special thanks from the bottom of my pickled heart to:

Cartier - for your beauty and captivating smile
Isabella - for keeping me from falling apart backstage
Envy - for your fierce sexuality
Lateasha - for your indomitable strength
Gigi - for your amazing work ethic
Chynna - for your biting wit
Ziggy - for always being true to yourself

We'll miss you ladies and can't wait for you to find a new home for your show. Momma Dale made Chynna and Ziggy promise to come to the trailer as special guests on Drag-O-Drama. Hopefully, they can give us an exclusive scoop on their plans.

Smooches,
Daph


("But I'm on the guest list, motherf#cker!" Daphne Ruth Jenkins trying to get back into the now closed Armory.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home