Dishin' With Daphne

A place for the international performing sensation Daphne Ruth Jenkins to spew her earth-shattering revelations regarding life, love, family and fame.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Get Out The Vote!

(Daphne Ruth Jenkins realizing she's just dropped four slots on the My Favorite Drag Queen website.)

One of the most important duties of any patriotic American is to get out and to exercise their right to vote. No, I'm not talking about the Atlanta city elections. There's about as much chance of Mayor Shirley Franklin not winning a second term as there is that queens aren't going to run out and buy Madonna's new album.

What I'm talking about is the cutthroat race over at My Favorite Drag Queen. This is a brand new site that we're hoping fills the gap left by the recent demise of the dearly departed Dragtastic website. That maternal maven of mirth, Momma Dale submitted some lovely images of the Jenkins girls to the photo booth at this new oasis of drag culture. You just roll your cursor over the thermometer to the left of the picture and select the number that you rank the photo: from 1 (booger) to 10 (dragulous).

So get over there to check out the photo booth. Besides the gals of Drag-O-Rama, you'll find lovely images of everyone from Wanda Wisdom to Atlanta Drag Idol Gigi Monroe. While you're there, don't forget to give the Jenkins clan some nice high marks. When I left for my weekend retreat in the country up at the River's Edge, I was in second place. I returned home to find that I had slipped to 6th place! Where are my fans?

At least my gorgeous sister Peggy Sue Jenkins managed to claw her way to first place in her beautiful Bjork swan dress. Of course, I'm still not sure how she wound up with an average rating of 19 when the voting is on a scale of 1 to 10. Very curious!

Smooches,
Daph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home