Dishin' With Daphne

A place for the international performing sensation Daphne Ruth Jenkins to spew her earth-shattering revelations regarding life, love, family and fame.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me

(Daph and Momma Dale partying it up!)

Hey ladies! Believe it or not, I turn another year older today. I know it appears that I just keep getting younger. However, that's just my strict regimen of binge-and-purge!

We have a full agenda for the day. First up was sleeping until noon. A girl's gotta get her diva rest.

Next up is bloody mary's and homemade blueberry pancakes. My sister Velma is a whiz in the kitchen. It must be all those French chefs she studied under...literally.

After that we plan to enjoy an afternoon of shopping. I'm going to treat myself to an ipod. That way during my work commute, I can listen to all these great podcasts that are just a-poppin' up all over the internet. Speaking of speaking of fabulous podcasts, check out the new Drag-O-Drama site for the latest shows. My scintillating interview with Alexandria Martin is up. There's also a more recent show where Momma Dale, Pinkie and Marsha give tips on how to party like drag queens. It's an absolute scream!

After our shopping spree, we'll be starting the beauty portion of the day. First stop will be Dragon Nails for mani/pedi's. After that, we're heading over to Ulta to get new birthday do's from Momma Dale. I wonder if we can squeeze a facial in there somewhere. Sure, there's always time to stop by a rest area on the way back into town.

This evening, Velma and I have reservations at Woodfire Grille, a fabulous restaurant on Cheshire Bridge. It's my b-day, so I'm going to make an absolute Pinkie...I mean pig of myself. After we finish up at the feeding trough, who knows? There are so many options: Charlie Brown's, The Armory, Swinging Richard's. We'll just have to wait and see where my libido leads us.

Good thing my birthday is on a Friday this year. That way, I can sleep in until Christmas.

Smooches,
Daph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home